I was passed the music meme stick by Cindylu.
I. Ten Random Songs
Instructions: Put your MP3 player on “shuffle” and list the first ten songs that play, no matter how embarrassing.
- What More Can I Say by the Jay-Z (produced by Danger Mouse on Grey Album)
- Since I Left You [Cornelius Remix] by The Avalanches
- Unless You Are Free by Ani Difranco and Utah Phillips
- Seek Up by Dave Matthews Band
- March of the Celts by Enya
- Boys Don’t Cry by The Cure
- I Came As a Rat by Modest Mouse
- Train in Vain (Stand By Me) by The Clash
- California Stars by Billy Bragg and Wilco
- Transmitter by Daniel Lanois
II. Q & A Section
What are the total amount of music files on your computer?
About 3,500 songs from Ali Farka Toure to Zero 7…
The last CD you bought was?
I really can’t remember. I haven’t bought a CD in so long. It might have been Different Tastes of Honey by Tosca.
What is the song you last listened to before this message?
According to iTunes it was Quiet Nights by Infracom Presents.
Name three artists/bands you adore:
- Tosca/Kruder & Dorfmeister
- Ryan Adams
- Paul Simon
Write down five songs you often listen to, or that mean a lot to you.
Are you kidding me? That’s so tough.
- “Diamonds on the Souls of Her Shoes” by Paul Simon
- “Vivir Sin Aire” by Maná
- “The Golden Age” by Beck
- “Don’t Worry Be Happy” by Bobby McFerrin
- “Woman With the Tattooed Hands” by Atmosphere
Who are you gonna pass this stick to (three persons and why)?
- Seyd because I have absolutely no idea what kind of music Seyd listens to.
- Wooj because we all need to learn more about classical music.
- Marisa because I already know we have similar taste in music and I wanna hear some new recommendations of music to steal.
Of course now that the meme is over, iTunes is playing all the good stuff.
Jesus it’s late.